|Tomato juice - the free, stomach-settling, tasty mixer in flight.|
- It's free.
- It's simply free, and it's there. With just a few options to choose from, why not go with tomato juice?
- Chances are you don't buy large bottles of tomato juice for your fridge often. But a small portion would be tasty once in awhile.
- In days past, alcohol was free on board, and tomato juice was a common mixer. The juice has since stuck around today. Oh, how we wish booze was still complimentary...
- Having air sickness or just don't feel well? Much like ginger ale, which is also commonly served on flights, tomato juice helps settle the stomach.
- Here's what Lufthansa catering executive Ernst Derenthal said about tomato juice at altitude, as reported by NBC Philadelphia:
"We learned that tomato juice being on ground level is rather -- I'm not saying moldy, but it tastes earthy, it tastes not overly fresh," says Derenthal. "However, as soon as you have it at 30,000 feet, tomato juice shows, let's say, its better side. It shows more acidity, it has some mineralic taste with it, and it's very refreshing."