Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eating vegan with the Veg Coach thanks to the Manatee River Run

It's a brand new year and maybe you've considered losing weight or eating healthier. Know a lifestyle that's healthy and affordable? Eating vegan.

Right after Christmas I ran the Manatee River Run, a 5-mile road race that's actually half on the road, half on trails. After crossing the finish line completely exhausted, I noticed a car parked nearby that had decals about eating vegan. It caught my eye and it had me thinking, "you know, changing my diet a bit to include more vegan foods would be good for me."

Manatee River Run

The person with the brightly-colored car was Ellen Jaffe Jones, the Veg Coach. Ellen's a personal trainer, running coach, author, and vegan lifestyle coach, just to name a few things.

Her best-selling book, Eat Vegan On $4 A Day, will help you eat healthy and save money. $4 a day, that's it??? It can be done, and Ellen is here to guide you. She also has plenty of other useful things to check out on her site about training and eating right.

Eat Vegan On $4 A Day

As she says on her site, with this book you can "Discover how to give your shopping cart a makeover, learn how to forgo expensive processed foods and get the most flavor out of delicious, high-quality basic ingredients."

And that's the big takeaway for me. We put too many chemicals and processed food into our bodies, and we wonder why we're sick and fatigued all the time. We should be eating whole foods and shopping the perimeter at grocery stores. Don't venture into the middle aisles unless you have to!

Here are three tips Ellen offers for saving money on the path to eating vegan. Check out all ten here.
  • Use your head, not your heart (or stomach) when you shop
  • Check the unit prices
  • Buy in bulk within reason

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates