Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black

I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.


I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.


6 comments:

  1. It has 40 hours of battery life. That is awesome! Our controller is good to last 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really awesome 40 hours of life how cool is that ? thats alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 hours of battery life..thats amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that the controller also has a 30-foot range.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates