Monday, April 27, 2015

How to make Thai iced tea like the restaurant does

Thai iced tea in the restaurant is delicious and a yummy treat, and it's actually quite easy to make at home too!

Learn how to make Thai iced tea like the restaurant does by watching the short video below and following the subsequent recipe directions in this post.


This recipe makes about 3 cups of iced tea. The result is a sweet tea, so scale back on the sugar if you prefer something not too sweet. As for adding milk at the end to taste, I prefer almond milk and the tea still tastes like what you get at the restaurant.

What you'll need:

  • 1/2 cup Thai tea mix (I recommend this mix by Pantai)
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • Milk (condensed, whole, soy, whatever you like)
  • Tea sock

Directions:

  • Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-size pot.
  • Add Thai tea mix and sugar.
  • Stir and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
  • Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
  • Filter through tea sock into a pitcher.
  • Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
  • Pour over ice and add milk to taste. I recommend filling the glass most of the way and the remaining fill with milk.


1 comment:

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates