Learn how to make Thai iced tea like the restaurant does by watching the short video below and following the subsequent recipe directions in this post.
This recipe makes about 3 cups of iced tea. The result is a sweet tea, so scale back on the sugar if you prefer something not too sweet. As for adding milk at the end to taste, I prefer almond milk and the tea still tastes like what you get at the restaurant.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup Thai tea mix (I recommend this mix by Pantai)
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Milk (condensed, whole, soy, whatever you like)
- Tea sock
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-size pot.
- Add Thai tea mix and sugar.
- Stir and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Filter through tea sock into a pitcher.
- Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pour over ice and add milk to taste. I recommend filling the glass most of the way and the remaining fill with milk.