Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review: CycleBeam LED Combination Bike Lock

I live just outside of Boston and commute into the city every day for work, sometimes by bike. And when I take my bike out and about, having a reliable lock is a must.

I like to use two locks at the same time - a combination cable lock and a sturdier U-lock as a safety net. I've been the victim of bike theft and the guy caught on camera just used his brute force to snap the cable lock. Had it been this CycleBeam lock, it could have been a different story!

The CycleBeam cable lock is four feet long, comes with a mount for your seat post, and has a pretty straightforward method of setting your personal combination. The instructions are right on the packaging.

CycleBeam combination cable lock with mount
4 feet of cable and a mount for the seat post.

The folks at CycleBeam are frequent night riders, so they know safety is important. Their goal is to bring their passion to developing and manufacturing cycling products, so as to enhance the safety of night riding. And the LED illuminated combo lock is perfect for the times when it's dark and hard to see.

CycleBeam LED lock lit up in blue
No need for a flashlight or fumbling around in the dark!

When it's dark - whether it's night time, early morning, or even in a dark basement or something, being able to see the combo can be a pain. With the CycleBeam lock all you've got to do is press the button and the dial lights up blue for about 10 seconds.

As you'll see in my photo, the brightest part of the dial will be on the numbers that need to line up to unlock it. That's the important part obviously. The light isn't as bright for the rest of the dial, so it doesn't really matter. I've unlocked this in complete darkness a few times and it was pretty cool. No need for a flashlight or straining my eyes and fumbling around!

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates