Friday, August 28, 2015

Save the bees!

National Honey Bee Awareness Day was last week, but I didn't get around to calling attention to it 'til just now.

Many of us simply don't know how much of an impact honey bees have on our lives, specifically the food we eat. They pollinate as much as 1/3 of everything we eat. Think about that!

If we didn't have bees, we wouldn't have fruit and vegetables, or even dairy products since cows eat grass.

wholefoods.com

The honey bee population has been dwindling over the years. Here are a few ways you can help save the bees:
  • Plant bee-friendly plants, flowers, and food
  • Avoid using chemicals in the garden
  • Support local farms
  • Buy local honey (not grocery stores - I'm talking farms and locals with bees!)
  • Make a bee hotel for your yard (this looks fun and easy to do)


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HONEY REALLY ! I USE IN MOST BAKING TEA COFFEE & LEMON ADE HOT WATER AND LEMON FOR SORE THROUT AND COLDS MOTHER NATURE AND THE HONY BEE AND ME !! LOVE THEA

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates