Friday, October 23, 2015

Exotic wood picks from Clefstache [review]

If you play a guitar of some kind you've probably gone through your fair share of various picks. Well consider a wood pick for lasting durability, and Clefstache will supply you some.

I recently got my hands on some awesome exotic wood picks from Clefstache on Etsy (handmade in the U.S.) and I'm not sure if I can ever go back to plastic. Clefstache's picks typically come in sets of six for just $10, which won't break the bank. The set also makes a nice gift for the upcoming holidays.

Wood pick having no trouble on the big acoustic bass strings.

As I mentioned, wood picks are durable and these guys haven't had any trouble on the hefty strings of my acoustic bass guitar. The sound is much more lively as opposed to playing finger style. I think you'll find these picks lend a wide range of unique tones to your playing.

Designed for many hours of playtime on acoustic guitars, the picks will last even longer on an electric. I don't have an electric yet, but someday when my wife gives me the green light you bet I will.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that the pick can be snapped in your hands if you bend it. Strumming and plucking on the strings is A-OK, but if you try to bend the pick it will likely break. I know this because I did it by accident - oops.

A few shapes and sizes of Clefstache's wood picks.

Clefstache has picks made from all types of wood, including Amazakoue, Cocobolo, Yellowheart, Che-Chen, Marblewood, and Ebony. I've never even heard of half of these, but I love the colors and textures. With a rustic interior in my house, this kind of thing is right up my alley.

Clefstache has plenty of wood designs and even some wood earrings in the shop, so check it out.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates