Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bee Lovely Botanicals honey soap [review]

It's still winter but it's starting to warm up believe it or not. You could probably use a good shave. I recently had the pleasure of trying some soaps from Bee Lovely Botanicals.

Bee Lovely Botanicals is a small family business in Michigan that specializes in raw and infused honey, natural beeswax lotions and lip balms, and honey cold process soap. They take great care to bring your family wholesome, natural products.

etsy.com/listing/211581992/buffalo-man-shave-soap-with-bentonite

Their raw honey has a distinct flavor because of the proximity to Lake Huron and tress like bass wood, maple, and locust. With family in Michigan and having visited several times, I can say it's a beautiful place. I enjoy supporting businesses out there.

As for the soaps, each one is carefully hand-crafted in small batches, so you can expect some variation in appearance. Bee Lovely Botanicals uses their own untreated beeswax and honey from Michigan to make the soap!


The Buffalo Man Shave soap is for shaving as you might imagine, and your face with be as smooth as a baby's butt in no time. The soap's lather is as thick and creamy as shaving cream, plus it has all the skin conditioning benefits of lanolin, cocoa butter, and shea butter. On the label you'll see a fun disclaimer - "attempting to shave a buffalo is not recommended."

And then you also have the women's shave soap which has a higher percentage of castor oil, giving it a thick, dense, lather. The bar is lightly scented with coconut, vanilla, and a hint of honey. Smells good enough to eat! But don't eat it obviously.

Bee Lovely Botanicals also treats the bees naturally and uses 100% pure essential oils or phthalate free fragrances in all products.

Save the bees! Check out a short bee infographic I posted about why they matter.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates