Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pique Tea = ancient tradition + modern science [review]

June was National Iced Tea Month, but every month is good for tea! Have you ever tried tea crystals?

Pique Tea is a cross between ancient tradition and modern science, a proprietary process that slow brews whole leaf tea, extracting flavor and nutrients, locking it in a crystal form. Pique also offers tea ware that is functional and contemporary, like the canteen below.

The folks at Pique are committed to helping you make smarter drink choices by making tea an easy option. Tea is easy to prepare, has antioxidants, and obviously tastes great. One cup at a time, Pique is making a meaningful impact on our health.

The tea crystals are packaged into little single-serving packs, perfect for a cup of tea wherever you are. And you can enjoy the crystals with hot or cold water. Just open up the pack, dump the crystals in your cup, and add water. The pack is a little bigger than a stick of gum so it's pretty easy to stick it in a pocket or your purse.


There are five varieties of black and green teas - Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Jasmine, Mint Sencha, and Sencha. No preservatives, artificial flavors, or sugar. It's all natural!

My wife really likes Earl Grey, and since she's always rushing in and out of the house, taking crystals on the go is convenient. Here's what Pique has to say about their tea's origin:

Our delicious Earl Grey is made from the finest Organic and Fair Trade certified leaves from the world-renowned Idulgashinna Estate in the Uva region in eastern Sri Lanka. A really special area, at 3,300-6,500 feet in elevation, the Uva region receives tons of rain in winter very strong, dry winds in late summer. This garden produces a very smooth cup with light fruity hints and delicate pungency. The finish is long and clean, with a hint of fresh-cut pine and a nice accent of orange zest.

Furthermore, Pique also offers a canteen which is made by Corkcicle. I recently had the pleasure of trying this canteen (it's more of a bottle to me), which is nine ounces and keeps your drink cold for 25 hours or warm for 12. It's only available in matte gray, but I really like it.

9 oz canteen

Theoretically, I could bring hot tea in my Corkcicle canteen to start my work day, and on the way home it would still be warm.

The stainless steel with proprietary triple insulation prevents outside temperature from affecting the inside, and that's how it maintains the temperature of the drink for so many hours. Because it's stainless steel it's a bit heavy for nine ounces, but I like the heaviness. It's not easy to knock over, especially when full.

If you like tea cool stuff in the Pique Tea shop to check out. Treat yourself!


Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates