Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Spartan Fit book review

Awhile back I read Spartan Up!, Joe De Sena's first book, and it really got me motivated. It's one of those books you can pick up, open to any page, and start reading. No matter where I left off, I could pick it up and get motivated to get my butt in gear. That's not easy to do because I like being lazy!

Spartan Fit is Joe's second book and it's more tailored to a 30-day training program, although he talks a lot about mental toughness which is important.

Joe tells us, "The purpose of this book is to help you overcome any physical or mental obstacle ​— ​and to achieve the opportunity that lives inside of you. To become Spartan Fit."


If you don't want to get shape, then you're not going to enjoy this book. You need to muster up the motivation and convince yourself to take action, even if it's working out a little bit at a time (like I do and what my wife teases me about). Getting in shape takes time and it's OK to start off slow.

Following the 30-day program is good for anyone that's at a beginner or intermediate level. It's to get you ready to do a Spartan obstacle course, which kicked my butt the last time I did it, but I'll be returning to conquer again.

If you're a professional athlete you're probably not reading this right now.

Joe also gives you workouts to do that don't involve the gym or any weights. Outside is where we belong! So go climb a mountain. Run in the rain. Do yard work even.

If this book and a training plan is too much for you right now, Spartan Race also has a summer training guide that's FREE to check out and download on their site. Pick out stuff you like and learn the proper form for exercises. And then go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates