Thursday, August 25, 2016

Vivid Landscapes greeting cards [review]

There are plenty of holidays coming up, so be prepared and grab some greeting cards from Vivid Landscapes.

Vivid Landscapes is an Etsy shop run by Jeanette, a mother of nine children and 20 grand children. That's a lot of kids! An artist all her life, she decided to try colored pencils because they're easy to pick up and put down. Working with them helped take her mind off my troubles and find peace.

Jeanette paints in oils, colored pencil, acrylics, and alcohol inks on tiles. She also does a lot of colored pencil cards, and makes prints of them - a couple of my favorites are shown below!

etsy.com/shop/VividLandscapes

The card above is the depiction of a little fishing spot at the side of a mountain rod where Jeanette's son-in-law took her on a summer day. It actually reminds me of a river spot in a neighborhood I used to live in. Flowing water and lots of green foliage and trees.

As you can probably tell, Jeanette loves the outdoors with its changing seasons, light, and shadows, as well as the peace of being in nature. She's learned she doesn't need to take long trips to find beauty - it's close at home. The Millard county skies in Utah are an asset in the desert country. If we take the time to look around us, chances are we'll find beauty close to home too.

etsy.com/shop/VividLandscapes

With the order of a card you'll receive a print on folded card stock with a white envelope. And they're a nice size too - a bit larger than 5" x 8". And they're blank so you can write whatever you want. Whether it's for a loved one or a friend, these cards will bring peace and joy.

In addition to the usual Vivid Landscapes art, custom work is accepted and encouraged. Feel free to contact Jeanette if you have a scene, place, person, or animal that you would like her to draw.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates