This is one of the biggest problems MacBook owners face. Until now, hardware upgrades didn't exist, meaning the only solution was the time-intensive process of searching out large files for deletion or external transfer.
Enter TarDisk, creators of the world's first plug-and-play hybrid drive.
In just five minutes, you can simply insert this solid-state expansion drive and increase the size of your Macintosh hard drive by 256GB. Just plug and play.
With TarDisk Pear you don’t have to worry about deleting files or moving them to an external drive. The automatic file allocation takes care of everything, saving you time and giving you peace of mind with a new level of security. TarDisk has added all necessary safeguards to make sure your content is secure.
How does it work, you ask?
- The new logically merged volume is managed by OSX.
- Internal SSD is primarily used before data is sent to the product.
- More frequently used files are maintained on SSD hardware.
- TRIM enabled SSDs maintain original speed benefits of Trim.
- Read/Write buffer (“swap-space-equivalent”) is maintained on SSD to buffer writes to files located on the product.
- Failure modes, if ever encountered, allow for direct restoration from TimeMachine backups.
When installed, TarDisk Pear lies flush with the side of your MacBook and is the same brushed aluminum as Apple’s computers. It's available in 128GB ($149) and 256GB ($399).
So who wants a free drive?! The folks at TarDisk have been gracious enough to offer up a 128GB TarDisk Pear 2.0 to one lucky Giveaway Guy reader.
Enter to win using the Rafflecopter form below. You may share on Twitter once a day for extra points for the duration of the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to users in the U.S. only. Two winners will be randomly selected via Rafflecopter, which I will contact by email after entries are verified. The winner will have 24 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.