Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Paracord dog leash from WhipWorks [review]

For the dog lovers who read this blog, here's another product worth your attention! I recently had the pleasure of getting my hands (or should I say paws) on a custom dog leash from WhipWorks.

Adam of WhipWorks specializes in making top quality dog leashes and whips. Everything is handmade and held to the highest of standards, and the paracord dog leashes in particular are really cool.

Orange and brown paracord dog leash

First, what is paracord? Paracord is essentially the cord originally used in the parachutes of soldiers in World War II. When soldiers landed on the ground, they cut the paracord off their parachutes and packed it up to use for strapping gear to harnesses, building shelters, and probably lots of other things I'd never think of.

Now, Adam's not a soldier that I know of, but if you're curious how to make a paracord dog leash, check out his video:


The video was recorded over three hours. If you have questions about what Adam's doing above, just send him a message! And if there's enough interest, he'll consider making a how-to tutorial. I know I'm interested...

Henry, our Vizsla, is enjoying his six-foot paracord dog leash, which is designed for dogs 60 lbs and under. Henry's just 25 pounds right now, but he'll be double that size in a few months. The color combo is brown and orange, which I picked since it kinda goes with the little guy's color.

Henry with his paracord leash

Six feet is a standard leash size for many dogs. The length keeps them close but also gives them a bit of space to roam. We're trying to train Henry to not pull on his leash, and instead walk with us rather than out in front of us.

Henry's got his eyes on the trail

The snap hook is durable, quick to use, and I dig it. Was that another dog pun? This is also a 100% vegan product.

The leash is obviously durable and a little bit on the rigid side, but I think it will soften over time too, making it truly one of a kind for you!

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Nice one! SHaring some great paracord dog leash tutorials for paracord lovers!
    http://ideas4diy.com/paracord-dog-leash-pattern

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm Seth, owner of the Giveaway Guy blog. I live in the suburbs outside of Boston with my wife and have a career in SEO. I enjoy writing reviews and entering giveaways in my spare time.
Designed ByBlogger Templates